Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Screen rotation for cocktail table

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    samme
    Participant

Hey guys,
    First let me say thanks to everyone in the forums. This is my first post but I have been reading and following along and the info here has been very helpful.

This is my first Pi project and I am having a blast. I have my Retropie up and running and everything seems to be working great. However I do need some help.

I am building a cocktail style system and will be running just the classic arcade stuff. Currently for testing I’m connected to dell monitor in the horizontal position, but for the final install I need a way to rotate the screen to vertical. I have read that I can configure hotkeys to change screen rotation inside the emulator, but is there a way to permanently set emulation station and the roms to run in the vertical.

Any help with this would be great. Sorry of the long post. Thanks in advance.

RazorX2014
    Participant

this is done in two ways from what i remember one is in the config (/boot/config.txt) to rotate the screen on the desktop environment and on load by setting display_rotate= to 2 or something and in the ingame menu when a game is launched by going to the video options

samme
    Participant

Hey Razor,

Thanks for the info. I looked in the /boot/config.txt file but i didn’t see anything about rotation. It saw several things in it about overscan and HDMI options but no rotation. Was I looking in the wrong place?

I also changed the retorarch.cfg file. I un commented the force rotation options, but no change. Im sure I’m just missing something. I would think that for software designed to play arcade games that this would be a big deal. Because even on the upright cabs I’m sure you would want a vert screen.

Anyway thanks again for your help, hope I can get this figured out. Everything else is working great, just need this last thing.

RazorX2014
    Participant

if its not there just add it.

http://elinux.org/RPiconfig

samanello
    Participant

Is there a way to change emulation stations font size so that the vertical menu screens show all the words?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.