Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Scrapping For Just Game Data/list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to add an option just to scrap for game data and no images. I have a whole collection of my own box art that i want to use so dont need any artwork to be downloaded just the game date list. Is it also possible to remove the ‘image’ text that is added to the end of each jpeg file in the ‘downloaded-images’ folder?

Floob

You could try this flag:
    -download_images=false

The guide is here:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks man.

As I have my game art I want to use already on my sd card, is there a flag I can use that will just look in his folder on my sd card and grab the art from there rather than download them from the Internet?

Floob

Yep – run “scraper –help” for all the flags.

pi@retropie ~ $ scraper –help

Usage of scraper:
      -add_not_found=false: If true, add roms that are not found as an empty gamelist entry.
      -append=false: If the gamelist file already exist skip files that are already listed and only append new files.
      -download_images=true: If false, don't download any images, instead see if the expected file is stored locally already.
      -gdb_img="b": Comma seperated order to prefer images, s=snapshot, b=boxart, f=fanart, a=banner, l=logo.
      -hash_file="": The file containing hash information.
      -image_dir="images": The directory to place downloaded images to locally.
      -image_path="images": The path to use for images in gamelist.xml.
      -image_suffix="-image": The suffix added after rom name when creating image files.
      -img_format="jpg": jpg or png, the format to write the images.
      -mame=false: If true we want to run in MAME mode.
      -mame_img="s,t,m,c": Comma seperated order to prefer images, s=snap, t=title, m=marquee, c=cabniet.
      -max_width=400: The max width of images. Larger images will be resized.
      -nested_img_dir=false: Use a nested img directory structure that matches rom structure.
      -no_thumb=false: Don't add thumbnails to the gamelist.
      -output_file="gamelist.xml": The XML file to output to.
      -retries=2: The number of times to retry a rom on an error.
      -rom_dir=".": The directory containing the roms file to process.
      -rom_path=".": The path to use for roms in gamelist.xml.
      -scrape_all=false: If true, scrape all systems listed in es_systems.cfg. All dir/path flags will be ignored.
      -skip_check=false: Skip the check if thegamesdb.net is up.
      -start_pprof=false: If true, start the pprof service used to profile the application.
      -strip_unicode=true: If true, remove all non-ascii characters.
      -thumb_only=false: Download the thumbnail for both the image and thumb (faster).
      -thumb_suffix="-thumb": The suffix added after rom name when creating thumb files.
      -use_cache=false: Use sselph backup of thegamesdb.
      -use_filename=false: If true, use the filename minus the extension as the game title in xml.
      -use_gdb=true: Use the hash.csv and theGamesDB metadata.
      -use_nointro_name=true: Use the name in the No-Intro DB instead of the one in the GDB.
      -use_ovgdb=false: Use the OpenVGDB if the hash isn't in hash.csv.
      -workers=1: The number of worker threads used to process roms.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so in RetroPie/roms/megadrive/ i have an ‘images’ folder and have place my megadrive box art in that folder (jpeg). I then run the command…..

‘scraper –download_images=fales’

but when i got to the megadrive game list in ES there is no game data or box art at all. Any ideas?

Floob

Can you remove your existing gamelist.xml then see what populates in the new one when it is created?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok i have 2 SNES games in retorpie/roms/snes…

Hagane – The Final Conflict (USA).sfc
    Space Megaforce (USA).sfc

and 2 jpg file in retropie/roms/snes/images/….

Hagane – The Final Conflict (USA).jpg
    Space Megaforce (USA).jpg

I delete the old gamelist.xml file and when into command prompt and used the following commands….

cd RetroPie/roms/snes/
    scraper -download_images=false

after its finished i loaded up ES and there is no game data or artwork in the snes list.

Here is the new gamelist.xml file….

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    -<gameList>
    -<game source="theGamesDB.net" id="1919">
    <path>./Hagane - The Final Conflict (USA).sfc</path>
    <name>Hagane - The Final Conflict (USA)</name>
    <desc>Hagane is an action-oriented platformer, featuring five stages, divided into several sub-stages, filled with lots of enemies, jumping puzzles, mid- and endbosses. The titular main character can perform double jumps, jump off walls, use four different weapons, slide over the ground, somersault to dodge attacks and use several different special attacks.</desc>
    <rating>0.6</rating>
    <releasedate>19941118T000000</releasedate>
    <developer>Hudson Soft</developer>
    <publisher>Hudson Soft</publisher>
    <genre>Action</genre>
    <players>1</players>
    </game>
    -<game source="theGamesDB.net" id="3264">
    <path>./Space Megaforce (USA).sfc</path>
    <name>Space Megaforce (USA)</name>
    <desc>Compile's Aleste series lands on the SNES with the appropriately named Super Aleste. Taking the role of a lone starfighter pilot, you are tasked with destroying an evil alien armada in standard 2D shooter fashion. And while you may be alone, you certainly won't be underpowered, with eight different types of weapons, each having six power-up levels for a grand total of 48 firing modes (not counting bomb power-ups) Super Aleste boasts one of the largest arsenals in 2D shooter history. Gameplay is single-player only with 3 difficulty levels. Also included is a short campaign with different levels that plays mostly like a "survival" mode with the objective being to outlast the time limit and rack the most points.</desc>
    <releasedate>19920101T000000</releasedate>
    <developer>Compile</developer>
    <publisher>Toho</publisher>
    <genre>Shooter</genre>
    <players>1</players>
    </game>
    </gameList>
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.