Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert Wilson
    Participant

I had just spent the last two days bringing my retropi upto date on my raspberry pi2 downloaded the image 3.2.1 got everything configured copied all Roms and was able to play games fine. Well tonight I decided to run the scraper since it would put the art work with my Roms. Well after first attempt I discovered I had to disable the screen saver so the thing would actually compleat. So after doing that and letting it run and it finished I thought every thing was cool.

OOPS here were the problem starts. Now my controls don’t work anymore. They still work on the emulator station but not once I select the game. Note everything worked before I did the scraper. I even launched the controler setup and went threw it but same problem.

Now looks like I’m going to have to start over and reimage the card again so I can get things working again and just not worrie about getting the images and what not.

herbfargus

Did you try reconfiguring your controls from within emulationstation?

Robert Wilson
    Participant

Yes I did I stated that I launched the controler set up and redid it but ever since the scrape controls no longer work once I start the game. It got me baffled why the act of running the scrape would have messed with the controler setting or even the emulators. Im just going to reimage the card tomorrow and start over. Maybe after I get it set the way I like it I’ll create an image with it all setup then I’ll tinker with it that way it just a simple flash to get to a good state.

herbfargus

That is really odd as it should not do that. Do you have a Logitech f310? I know there is a weird bug with that one where you have to press the top right shoulder button to get it to work for some odd reason. But yes its good to make backups. Also might be worth checking out sselphs scraper if you haven’t already.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/scraper

epe9686518
    Participant

Did you check the actual control files on retropie to see if your control settings where saved in there or if it’s still blank? You could try manually editing them with your button configs and see if that would work. Needless to say I am not sure how or why the scrapper could erase your control settings, but if you set it manually that might work.

Robert Wilson
    Participant

Well the plot thickens. I’m getting ready to reimage the card but before I shutdowns the pi I launched the raspberry pi monitor software on my iPad just to see how the temps on the processor was after leaving it on all night with emulator station running. First thing that grab my attention is suddenly my sd card is full. I have an 8 Gb card and still had over 3 Gb free before the scrape

Now tell me how that can be. What the heck is that scraper doing to eat up over 3 Gb

Also noticed my screen savor settings were also back to the default 5 minutes Before I shut it down.

Well time to start the reimage.

epe9686518
    Participant

I have over 8000 roms on my setup, all scrapped and it doesn’t eat up anywhere near that much space… The biggest scrapped emulator I have is MAME with over 2000 roms, and that only takes up around 50 mb of space… I really have no clue what happened, it sounds like maybe the update process might have caused something not to function correctly. Hard to say though, with all these issues I think a reimage would be the best bet.

Robert Wilson
    Participant

Well got everything back up and running. Finished the reimage got all settings and everything is working.

I did get smart this time. After everything was set I made a new image of the card with my configuration so if it goes boom I won’t need to go threw the setup again.

Not sure if I want to risk doing another scrape. I only have around 2000 Roms and all them are old school stuff from Atari and Nintendo news snes but the scrap for them took forever the last time.

I can live with just the rom names for the list.

redfarmer
    Participant

Like mentioned earlier. Use the sselph scraper. Very fast, and if you use the thumnail option the images will take very little space.

scraper -thumb_only

This may help:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.