Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As the title says, I’ve tried scraping using Retropie 3.6 but it’s not working very well.

After selecting the option in the menu, the pi freezes for about 15 minutes before bringing up the first result (which fails because it’s one of the Ports).

Is there a quick fix for this? I am keen to take advantage of all the sexy new themes to display box art!

Update: tried scraping just one system – it’s better, but still pretty slow (and with a big lag at the start).

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Resolved – seems okay now. Probably just server lag

Anonymous
    Inactive

I changed mine to gamesdb and it worked instantly

zerojay
    Participant

Use the sselph scraper instead of the one built into emulationstation. It’s a ton faster and I set it up to scrape 4 games at once for even more speed.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Thanks for the tips folks :)

I managed to get everything scraped except my multi-disk games. Apparently the scraper can’t handle [disk 1 of 2] as part of the file name. When I have some patience I’ll plug in my keyboard and rescrape them.

How do you use the sselph scraper?

zerojay
    Participant

You can find it under RetroPie-Setup, #3 Configuration. You have to kill EmulationStation before scraping though. It’s so much better than the built-in one.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

[quote=120511]You can find it under RetroPie-Setup, #3 Configuration. You have to kill EmulationStation before scraping though. It’s so much better than the built-in one.

[/quote]

Ta, I got there in the end. The default scraper started going really slowly again so I am now setting up Sselph’s one :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.