Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    slighty
    Participant

I understand this is discussed elsewhere but didn’t see a resolution.

I am playing PSx roms and want to save my progress. Let me explain I am playing Tony Hawkes 2 and am unlocking parks etc and when I return i want to continue with this career NOT start over.

there was talk about AUTO save saving exact progress in a game, but not allowing for a NEW game/save to be created.

I noticed on some games Die Hard etc my scores are stored so I wonder is there a way of easily(?) saving game progress on Tony Hawkes..Lemmings etc?

Again help is welcomed.

epe9686518
    Participant

Uhh all you do is “save” the game….The memory card system works just as it does on a real PSX. You go into the game menu of what ever game you are playing and save it to the virtual memory card… You can also enable “save states” as I did, which you can do that for any retroarch emulator. This allows you to assign buttons to do a “quick save” at any point in the game as well as a “quick load”. You can use this along with the memory cards and save at any point in the game. Both are saved permanently, so exits or reboots do not effect them…

slighty
    Participant

This is interesting as when I progress son Tony Hawkes etc and re load (few days later etc) there is never any continue / load saves available. As if it hasn’t saved the file.

Although on Hawkes I physically did save, ie set up a filename , clicked “x” and it said “saving” etc.

epe9686518
    Participant

Then that means there is an issue with that game saving. Info you should have provided in the first post, would have helped out a bunch. This is emulation, not all games will work correctly IE: memory card saving not working. I had the same issue with colin mcrae rally “saving” but not actually saving. In these cases, if you set up the save state and load system, it will still allow you to save, but just remember, every time you save on the game it will overwrite the previous quick save file.

All you need to do is go into the retroarch.cfg for psx, or if you want to do it for all systems, which is what I have done, the retroarch.cfg in “ALL”, and set buttons for quick save and quick load. I use an Xbox 360 controller and have my hotkey set to the left joystick button, and have quick save set to the start button and quick load to the select. This works great, specially for games like the above that don’t save correctly via the virtual memory card.. It’s also very nice to have this feature for all retroarch cores as it makes playing some of the classics a lot more fun due to the fact that you can now save in game, also makes them a lot easier which I consider a good thing as I don’t ever remember them being this hard when I was a kid :P

momaw27
    Participant

Where are your ISOs located. I had this problem because I house my ISOs on a thumb drive… but figured out that my thumb drive was not set up to be writable. Maybe this is your issue?

epe9686518
    Participant

That shouldn’t effect anything as long as your save states/memory cards are still set to the SD card, which they would be by default even if you moved your ISOs to an external source…But yea if you moved your game saves location to the other source than that could be the issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.