Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Save states not working for hacks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RetroMarine
    Participant

Ok so I made a rom hacks folder for both the nes and snes. I probably have around 30-40 hacks in each, and they all work fine…but for some reason I cannot save states/load states. It says save state failed. The weird thing about it is that I have another raspberry pi with emulationstation that I made for my brother, and his rom hack folder allows save states. I can’t find the difference? It must be something little or stupid, it always is. Please someone shed some light!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Maybe you need to change the owner and/or group of the folders via chgrp / chown commands?

RetroMarine
    Participant

I don’t know what all that jazz means ^^
    Me jarhead, me not know Linux. I learned everything I know by reading these forums, so if you could…please break it down for me Barney Style?
    Btw I also have a rom hack folder within the snes roms, and those hacks will save/load, so I’m assuming there is something going on specifically with the nes. Is there a specific config file that controls save states and which folders it will allow it from?

RetroMarine
    Participant

Btw I try to do all my work via SFTP, rather than type in commands if I can. So is there a way to change owner and/or group of the folders via SFTP?

phipix01
    Participant

i’m not sure but maybie u have to change the rights for the folder.
    in emulationstation hit Alt+F4 to get to the terminal then type
    cd RetroPie/roms/nes or however your path is
    and then try chmod 777 yourHackFolderName
    I’m not 100% sure about the syntax of chmod .. if it’s not working, read it yourself by typing man chmod

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.