Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RetroMarine
    Participant

I’m I the verge of solving this one, but I just can’t figure it out! It’s driving me nuts. Let me break it down for you:

1. I have a folder for rom hacks within the nes roms folder (home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes/hacks).
    2. Save states work for nes roms, but not hacks within the hacks folder.
    3. I also have a snes hacks folder (home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes/hacks), but save states DO work for the snes hacks.

What tells retroarch to allow save states within /roms/nes but not /roms/nes/hacks??? Yet at the same time, it will allow snes to save within a folder beyond the normal roms folder??? I would really like to get this one figured out because there are a lot of really good mario, zelda and castlevania hacks that I would like to be able to save states in. Please if someone could help me figure this out, I would be forever indebted to you!

Btw…it’s not the hacks themselves, because I pulled one out of the hacks folder and into the regular roms, and I was able to save states on that hack once it was removed from the hack folder. I really want the hacks in a separate folder from the licensed games, but at the cost of saving?

RetroMarine
    Participant

So I figured it out finally…if anyone needs help with why savestates won’t work: check the permissions on the roms themselves! For some reason when the roms were put in a separate folder, the permissions were changed to read only. I used cyberduck to open the rom hacks folder, highlighted all the rom hacks, hit GET INFO, and clicked on the permissions tab…once they were all changed, it worked like a charm. Fuck yeah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.