Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ive soldered everything up, installed the driver, ran the driver with “sudo modprobe mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1” , and tested it successfully with “jstest /dev/input/JS3”.

but adding “mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1” into /etc/modules wont start the joystick at boot time. it only gets recognized when i run the sudo modprobe command manually, which makes me think i messed up in the /etc/modules config.

/etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.

This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored. Parameters can be specified after the module name.

snd-bcm2835

#i2c-bcm2708

#i2c-dev

mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1

grem75 on reddit helped me to “kinda” get the joystick to run at boot time by creating a joystick.conf file in /etc/modprobe.d/ , and put the line
    options mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1 in there, and just have the module name without parameter in /etc/modules, like this:

snd-bcm2835
    #i2c-bcm2708
    #i2c-dev
    mk_arcade_joystick_rpi

well, the joystick runs now at boot time, but the joystick up switch is getting triggered like a rapid fire button without even touching it. i have even de-soldered it to see if it is related to it.

Axes:  0:     0  1:     0 Buttons:  0:off  1:off  2:off  3:off  4:off  5:off 6:
    Axes:  0:     0  1:-32767 Buttons:  0:off  1:off  2:off  3:off  4:off  5:off 6:

when i remove /etc/modprobe.d/joystick.conf, and load the joystick manually with “sudo modprobe mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1” , the joystick behaves normaly, i can even play games with it.

so how is any of this related to the weird behavior the joystick is showing, and how would i get it properly to work at boot time?

jbfortune
    Participant

Hey.

I have this exact issue. It used to work on the 3.0 but the latest update won’t work!

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

jbfortune
    Participant

Nvm, I found your reddit post where you said you put in sudo modprobe mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1 into the rc.local.

That worked for me too! Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.