Homepage Forums Community General discussion Rpi2 to Rpi3 Connundrum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    drake999
    Participant

Hello everyone. I have a technical question which likely has an easy solution I am unaware of. I have purchased a Raspberry Pi 3 to replace my Raspberry Pi 2 game console. I was surprised to find my RetroPie SD card did not boot when inserted into the Rpi3. After some research I found that I’m running a version previous to 3.6 which likely means I’m running into the outdated firmware issue mentioned on the home screen of this page. I no longer have the Rpi2 board in my possession so I am unable to update the image to the latest version (I was happy with the way it was working and chose not to update a while ago). I am now facing the prospect of having to rebuild my game console from scratch, so anything I can do to expedite the process would be helpful. My question is, is there a way to mount my SD card image file in Windows so I can pull ROM and BIOS data from the filesystem so I can recreate the folder structure on the new system more quickly and easily? Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

drake999
    Participant

FYI, I solved my own problem. If anyone else out there is facing a similar situation, plug your card in your PC using a card read and use the program “Linux Reader” by DiskInternals. Hope this helps someone out there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.