Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there guys,

I’ve recently installed RetroPie 3.2.1 onto my RPi2 via 64gb sdcard.

I have successfully installed / paired wireless ps3 controllers, installed sselphs scraper, and the rp-video-manager, that’s about it for the side packages.

It is worth noting I have applied retroresolutions tested overclock settings found here https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/overclocking-and-stress-reliability-testing-the-raspberry-pi/ to my /boot/config.txt file

Anyway, my problem is this, during gameplay (PSX and SNES so far..) I am randomly locking up / hard freezing. No controller / keyboard inputs register, and I have to pull out the power cord (Yikes).

Upon rebooting, everything seems to work fine, until the next random freeze during gameplay. (Sometimes 10 min into gameplay, sometimes 3-4 hours)

Anyway to diagnose the problem? Any checks I can run to see if my SDCard is corrupted? I have formatted the card and written the Retropie image to it numerous times.

It’s worth mentioning I have all 4 USB ports on my RPi2 occupied, one port being a non-powered USB hub I use for controllers. I am using a 2.5A PSU.

Any / all help greatly appreciated, thanks.

cascacure
    Participant

Edit: I am running the mprime cpu test currently, will move onto memtester ram test afterwards and then finally the sd storage stability test script.

Anything else I should be doing? Any logs I can check to further narrow possible defects down? Much thanks.

herbfargus

Check power supply/cables, check for SD card corruption, the only way to really narrow it down may be to check with diff hardware to see if you get the same results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like it is overclocked too high. Not every setting works with every pi. Try setting it to a lower overclock level and see if your problem goes away.

cascacure
    Participant

Thank you for the replies guys, I will give your suggestions a shot.

I was able to successfully run all 3 tests to completion, with no problems (mprime, memtest and sd card stability.sh) earlier documented in by retroresolution here.

I will consider a new power strip, a new PSU, and certainly, editing my boot/config.txt overclock settings if the problem persists, I’ll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for your help, very appreciated.

herbfargus

But yeah overclocking too high sounds like it’s the main culprit as that’s happened to me in the past too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.