Homepage Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. RPi2 + Control Block + 5VDC MagLev Fan…possible?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hsdb

Hello Everyone,

I’m building my own RetroPie arcade console, will be made of clear acrylic and of course will be possible to see everything inside and would love to make everything nice to see.
    I would like to use only one usb to power up the raspberry Pi via the control block.
    As an overclock is also needed I’ve installed a set of heatsink and would like to install also a couple 40x40x20 Sunon Maglev fans to cool the system and power them using one of the RPi2 usb ports by connecting them directly to an usb type A connector, but I’m not sure if this is possible/safe and if an OC’d RPi with the control block connected and wifi dongle can spare enough power for the fans.

I was thinking about installing a usb hub internally but won’t look good, I was then thinking about getting an internal usb power supply, one that can be anchored to the base but can’t find any.

Do you have any suggestion? it should be a clean installation and should be possible to panel mount.

Many thanks

Piermaria

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.