Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RPi 2. How stable are we @ this moment…?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    richardpi
    Participant

I lost the previous topic about this, hope I don’t make the wrong approach by posting my question in a separate topic…

At this moment I have my RPi B+ running retropie image v.2.3 , totally stable and very happy with it!

But…

I wanted a performance upgrade, so if everything turns out well, Friday I’m getting my RPi 2 delivered:-).

My question to you guys, how stable (and different) is the newest image of retropie compared to the 2.3 which I’m so happy with on the B+?
    Should I prepare myself for some tweaking and bugs, and the need to re-discover retropie?), or rather not worry about it and expect a problem free setup when my RPi 2 arrives and I put the newest retropie image in it?

Thanks in advance guys!

smatticus
    Participant

the 2.6 img for pi2 seems stable, with none of the freezing i was getting with 2.5 beta. i mostly do SNES and NES emulation so i didn’t do to much tinkering outside of setting controls. But setup is largely the same. The first thing i noticed is that i can play kirby 3 and super metroid with no issues so that’s a nice change.

richardpi
    Participant

Thank you smatticus for sharing your experience with the latest image! I’ll probable gonna use nes, snes, both sega 8 and 16 bit.
    And maybe psx and n64 in future.

Chosen
    Participant

I’m playing NES, SNES, N64, and PSX games with a PS3 controller over bluetooth. Having no problems with ROMs. I’ve got my RPi2 overclocked to the standard overclock setting in raspi-config at 1000mhz. Graphics memory at 384. I’ve only had to moderately change a few settings, but all of the help I have gotten from these forums. Currently the quad core processor isn’t being utilized to its full potential, but theres a dramatic increase in performance compared in RPi 1 to RPi 2.

justinbeaird
    Participant

[quote=88848]d to the standard overclock setting in raspi-config at 1000mhz. Graphics memory at 384. I’ve only had to moderately change a few settings, but all of the help I[/quote]

Do you have problems with the ps3 controller like i did? like the controller not reconnecting after turning it off. also is there a way for the controller to sleep?

richardpi
    Participant

Thanks for your reply so far. I reckon I wouldn’t run into strange issues then, just modify a couple if things like I did with 2.3 on my b+ and have fun. Great:-)! Can’t wait having the mailman delivering my rpi2 now!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.