Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    izeko2004
    Participant

How can I rotate screen. I changed the config to have display_rotate=2 and this does rotate screen, but when I choose a emulator the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

foob
    Participant

This can be done in the retroarch configuration ingame quite easily. For a more permanent solution, try this; –

Add these lines to your retroarch.cfg under your player1 controls; –

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “X”
    input_menu_toggle_btn = “X”

Change the X to whatever button number you want each button to be. For example, my enable hotkey button is “8” which is my SELECT button on my PS2 controller, and my menu_toggle_btn is “4” which corresponds to my L2 button. This means that when i hold SELECT and then press L2 at the same time, the RetroArch options menu comes up. Under the Video section, you can change your screen rotation on the fly.

Additionally, for a bit of extra functionality you can also use the line

input_exit_emulator_btn = “X”

This will allow you to hold your hotkey then press another designated button to quit your ROM and go back to the frontend.

izeko2004
    Participant

Will this work with all the emulators such as vice.
    thanks for your help

foob
    Participant

I can’t say wether it will or won’t for definate because i simply do not use vice on my particular build. However, what i can say is that the RetroArch config menu works in everything on my unit, including Cave Story. This leads me to believe its a universal menu and operates independantly of the actual emulator itself.

Either way, you’re just going to have to try it and find out that way. It’s not like its going to do any harm to your unit if it doesnt, just add functionality to your other emulators.

Let me know if it works.

izeko2004
    Participant

Could you post you .cfg file online or attache it somehow so I could take a look. I did try what you said but it didn’t work. I would like to see how you have yours configured. I did set the rotation by 90 in the file for the video and it did flip the display but only for cave story.

Thanks

foob
    Participant

all of my cfgs are in the following thread, in the OP.

Using Playstation 1/2 Controllers on RetroPie, CONFIGS INCLUDED.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.