Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie Xbox 360 wired retroarch.cfg help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dobby
    Participant

After hours and hours of research i think i have got a little idea of how to setup the controller for my retro pie but im still not 100% sure.

I downloaded the retroarch.cfg to my main computer so i could edit the mapping but i have no idea what the key numbers are. For example how do i know what any of the button numbers are?

input_player1_b_btn = “1” <<<< What button is 1?
    input_player1_y_btn = “3” <<<<<<< What button is 3?

Anyways, im also trying to get the controller to exit to the main menu when pressing the centre button on xbox controller. How would i do this?

Is there a way to make different emulators use different key maps?

At the moment my controller is screwed up and pressing the centre button will move down and pressing in the left analogue will select. All the other buttons do nothing.

Note: Im using emulationstation v2.0.0-RC1
    Also Note: I’m a massive noob when it comes to this.

Please help

dobby
    Participant

I have the rom donkey kong country for nes and the controlls i have figured out are…

B = Jump
    RT = crouch (i think)
    Right analogue up = left
    Right analogie down = right

On the donkey kong menu bit A = select

dobby
    Participant

OKAY! Now i found out if i hold the middle button and press analogue i enter a strange green menu where i can change the controller settings for Nes. I can now play donkey kong properly but i still need to know how to make the middle button take me back to emulation station

dobby
    Participant

Never mind it didnt save. everytime i open donkey kong i have to change the controlelr settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.