Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hi,
    i am making a portable computer/gaming console.
    for this i use raspbian and retropie + this tft touch screen (http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=65566)

raspbian works fine, but the emulator got some problems.
    When i start the emulator i get a black screen, so i connect the hdmi and see wath happens, emulationstation just starts up and the games workon the screen ( not the tft). But if i start the game duke nukem it starts on the tft screen (wath i want to happen with all the games and the emulator). I contacted the creator of the screen and he is looking for an answer for it and suggested to contact you guys.
    He said a possible solutian is to make an fbcp (background app) that forces retropie to work on fb1. But since i don’t have any idea how to make that i ask if anyone ells knows how to do this or any other solution.

thanks,

Shaoq

shaoq
    Participant

hi,

I have been doing some research and been trying some stuff out.
    After trying allot of things i finaly am able to start the emulator on the screen by forcing fb0 to output on fb1 (copy it).
    So now the emulator starts on the screen but whenever I start a game i can’t see the game and the screen crashes… anyone got some help for me?

ps: weard thing! somehow nukedukem3d does work on the screen. why is a mistery to me and i am unable to find the diference between dukenukem3d and the other games.

thx,
    Shaoq

Xoko14

I also have that problem. I will try to solve it and tell you the solution working.

nbonaparte
    Participant

The TFT screen you use does not allow OpenGL, but most emulators use it (with the exception of advmame and fceu, to name a few).
    Copying the framebuffer is a less than perfect solution, as it reduces the framerate and makes everything look ugly compared to displaying directly on the TFT.
    Thus, the only solution is to not use EmulationStation (which also uses OpenGL) and find emulators which don’t use OpenGL, which are quite rare.

dj505gaming
    Participant

[quote=6998]hi,
    I have been doing some research and been trying some stuff out. After trying allot of things i finaly am able to start the emulator on the screen by forcing fb0 to output on fb1 (copy it). So now the emulator starts on the screen but whenever I start a game i can’t see the game and the screen crashes… anyone got some help for me?
    ps: weard thing! somehow nukedukem3d does work on the screen. why is a mistery to me and i am unable to find the diference between dukenukem3d and the other games.
    thx, Shaoq
    [/quote]

So, how did you force fb0 output through fb1? I’m a beginner at this and don’t really know how to do it myself, so some simple instructions would be nice… It would be nice to at least play Ducke Nukem when I make mine and figure out the rest from there, maybe have a backup SD card with CupCade too.

peter1226
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.