Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dragonjarvis
    Participant

Hello Forum. It is me again lol.

I am on Linux Mint 17.

No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID:	LinuxMint
    Description:	Linux Mint 17 Qiana
    Release:	17
    Codename:	qiana

I deleted everything on my microSD kart via gparted with this tutorial: GERMAN LINUX GPARTED TUTORIAL and I made sure to format it in FAT32

After that I followed this guide to install Retropie via “dd” GERMAN LINUX TUTORIAL TO INSTALL OS ON RASPBERRY

After it was done it showed me this:

500+1 Datensätze ein
    500+1 Datensätze aus
    2099999744 Bytes (2,1 GB) kopiert, 247,414 s, 8,5 MB/s

I unplugged it, put the MicroSD into the Raspberry Pi 2B, turned it on and I get no Video signal.

Before I turned my Raspberry Pie off, I tried to acces it via PuTTY but no reaction.

What is bugging me though is that after installing the Image, the linux terminal said: 8.5MB/s and I read that an SD card which does not reach 20MB/s is bad?

I guess I have to pull the plug yet again…

sselph
    Participant

SD card write speeds are much lower than read speeds for SD cards and several things can affect it like the chosen block size, etc. Also the Pi maxes out around 10MB/s so that doesn’t seem like it will be an issue.

You show the output of the dd command but not what the command was. Can you show that. Also partitioning and formatting isn’t needed when you are just dd’ing an image. The image contains the partition and formatting information.

Also showing the devices on the system with something like the following would be helpful:
    sudo fdisk -l
    or
    sudo blockdev –report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.