Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie SD Card Img Question BUZZ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    whywilson1
    Participant

With regards to the new Raspberry Pi 2 NOT being compatible with RetroPie I am curious about a few things.

I downloaded the Img created by Buzz and am now running RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi 2 but when a new Img comes along say V2.7 will I have to download and write that to my SD card via WinDisk? If so doesn’t that delete all of my data?

Or do I simply need to just run the apt-get update on the raspberry pi? This is driving me a little crazy because I know it will be a possible headache down the road.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it would wipe everything if overwriting the image.

you can either backup your data and do that and restore, or optionally update the script and then choose to install the binaries from option 1.

you can also update individual emulators by installing from menu 5 as needed.

lastchance84
    Participant

i have a pi2 and cant get retropie to work. i hear the “buzz image works” but cant find it anywhere

whywilson1
    Participant

When you say option 1. are you referring to the “Binaries-based INSTALLATION?”

I ran option 6 and U Updating the Retropie Binaries and Setup Script yesterday, is there a difference?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yes. 6 shouldn’t really be used – it just updated the binaries and wouldn’t update any config changes needed for a new binary. hence option 6 has now been removed (if you update retropie-setup again)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.