Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie script on other hardware

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    boblablah
    Participant

I currently use RetroPie on an RPi2 and I do enjoy it. I have always been a person who grabs the sd image so as not to encounter some sort of weird issue with BT (early scripts made me suicidal when it came to BT PS3 controllers). I have, however, come to admire some other non-fruit hardware, that has mainline kernel support for debian (still arm). My question is this: Is there anything limiting or specific specific about the install script running over debian that would disable the functionality of emulationstation etc when it comes to doing this on something like an odroid xu4 or c2, or c1+ for that matter?

herbfargus

Odroid uses allwinner chips which are not known for their software support so you will run into problems. You can even run it on an x86 Debian based Linux computer if you want. But retropie was originally designed for the pi and you’ll get the best support with that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.