Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Splash screens Retropie Pixel Video Splash Screen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    markyh444
    Participant

Hi,

After seeing the excellent work done on the pixel theme, plus the fact I’m halfway through a project to convert an old broken NES into a Retropie-toting emulator-beast, I have been toying with some video splash screens.

After a bit of trial and error, I decided that I wanted a simple, clean and ultimately retro boot loading screen. I took a bit of NES, SNES and Sega and came up with this:

Comments welcome, and if anyone wishes to use it I can post a link to the original video (only 5mb anyway)

herbfargus

That’s pretty swanky!

markyh444
    Participant

Cheers. It looks pretty good on a 46inch tv too. I’m looking forward to getting my NES hacked and finally putting this all together. At the minute there’s a pi2 sat under my tv with a ton of cables everywhere!

I was trying to go more CGI etc at first, but in the end I thought “I’m putting this in a NES, why be complex?”

It’s only a bit of photoshop and movie maker, so I can’t claim it’s taken loads of effort. I thought it fitted quite well though to the feel of the project.

reaact
    Participant

Looks great! Feels very Mario World’ish to me.

markyh444
    Participant

Yeh, it was the best way to transition between the frames having that pixelated zoom and as a bonus it mimics Mario World.

sur0x
    Participant

very cool dude, could you please post the mp4 file?

markyh444
    Participant

Sure thing, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5trb0md3pv2m7lg/nintenpi2.mp4?dl=0

I did one that had slightly different music as well as a greyscale final screen and a solid-font Nintendo logo instead of the pixelated one. That one’s here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foz4nsevp0xem5n/nintenpi.mp4?dl=0

Let me know what you think of the other one as well, but I prefer the one I originally posted as it fits with the NES I’ll be putting this pi2 into eventually.

sur0x
    Participant

Thanks!! I’m gathering videos for the splashscreen randomizer project! :)

markyh444
    Participant

Ace, I might make some others then.

electrozach
    Participant

How did you make this loading screen? I’m trying to make my own custom one, just for me mostly, but I’m wondering how you did this.

markyh444
    Participant

Well, it was photoshop for the still screens apart from the pixelated retropie one it ends on as that’s taken from the pixel theme by rookervik. It’s all put together in Windows movie maker. Simple as that, all the built in transitions in movie maker are all I’ve used and I got the sounds from the net. Just searched for Mario wavs and found loads. Really simple in the end after I downloaded some proper video editing software I could barely comprehend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.