Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Retropie not creating directories on thumb drive

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    modsbyus
    Participant

I have completed the retropie 3 setup on my pi 2 band eveything has gone smoothly on the setup. The only issue I have is with the directories being created on my thumb drive. I have a 16GB thumb drive formatted fat32. I shutdown my pi, insert the thumb drive power on the pi, and ….. no magic. :-(
    No directories are created Nothing happens to the drive at all other than being mounted in /run/usbmount/Mass_Storage_Device_1 . I have also tried just plugging it in while the pi is still on and nothing happens then either. What do I need to do to get the directories to be created on the thumb drive?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you need to make an initial “retropie” folder on the drive. This was changed from previous releases, so that users who don’t want the sync functionality can easily avoid it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

This is mentioned in the changelog for the beta1 image (it’s worth reading through the changelog to see highlights of changes etc).

modsbyus
    Participant

Where can I find the changelog?

herbfargus
    modsbyus
    Participant

Thanks! I’m good now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.