Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pharaoh04
    Participant

I am new to RetroPie and am having some trouble. Can anyone point me to a guide that provides step by step help on getting things configured initially, specifically with an X-Arcade Solo? I’ve searched and found some information here and there but everything seems to be missing crucial steps. I’m sure someone more familiar with RetroPie could fill in the blanks but as a Noob I have no idea how to do things like switch from mame4all to mamae4all-pi.

I’ve setup the Pi using the retropie-v2.6.0-rpi1 image but I can’t get any Mame roms to start. I tried a NES rom which started but had no sound and unresponsive controls.

flickcorp
    Participant

I really can’t help you with the mame roms as I have never set those emulators up but nes I can help with what type of controller are you using?

pharaoh04
    Participant

[quote=88750]I really can’t help you with the mame roms as I have never set those emulators up but nes I can help with what type of controller are you using?[/quote]

An X-Arcade Solo.

noobian
    Participant

getting mame to work will be a pain in the has…you have to find the right BIOS and then the right romset…the ones easily available in the net dont work right away…either you will have to spend hours searching for the right resources or someone generous must give it to you…myself i havent got them to work….

Good luck to you anyway

ericahlers
    Participant

The Mame Rom set that is most compatible with Retropie is 0.37b5. MAME is very complex, so certain rom sets work with certain emulators. As the current time, you’re best bet is to find a the above rom set. If you try to individually piece a collection together, you’ll likely get compatibility issues and it wont work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.