Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie RetroPie ignores my configuration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paquito
    Participant

Hi, I’m using RetroPie 3 (over OSMC with RetroPie Script).

I have a dual-shock like (not dual-shock) controller and after first boot (and splash screen with controller configuration for ES) lot of systems goes OK. All fine! Until I test PSX.

First of all, the analog doesn’t works. Ok, reading the forum I added to:
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg the line pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = “analog”
    Check that the path is “/all/” not “/psx/” because this doesn’t work.

Ok, now I have analog detection! But not all fine. I detected that left analog “up” is not correctly calibrated (so is like half up) and, worst, the right analog is misconfigured (checked in Ape Scape).

I executed “RetroPie (menu) -> configure retroarch controller” and it generates the file:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/MicrontekUSBJoystick.cfg
    It doesn’t work, I try executing again the configurator but modifiying other keys (swap up and down, left and right, etc.) and nothing changed, up is still up in a game (tested in SNES games, for example).

The script says that my “MicrontekUSBJoystick.cfg” will be used when my controller is detected, but is fake, this file isn’t readed (or is readed and overwrited)

How can I configure my controls?

paquito
    Participant

Up

paquito
    Participant

Nothing?

paquito
    Participant

After fix the configuration problem removing all the other configurations (seems like retropie script is loading the incorrect file, because he creates one and uses another on retroarch) I can configure the keys.

Now only have one problem with Ape Escape: it doesn’t run forward, and is not problem with the “Up” analog because I swaped up/down with left/right, and it still run to left/right (up/down analog) but can’t run forward (left or right, I don’t remember)

I saw that other people have the same problem:

Is anyone else having trouble with Analog Controls in PCSX Rearmed (via RetroPie) and Ape Escape?
    byu/BangkokPadang inRetroPie

So is a bug related to the controller + the game + the emulator.

And there are some posts from 2006 with the same “bug”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.