Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    luvien99
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to install Hyperion on my Rpi with Retropie 3. The problem is after the hyperion installation, the json server is not running and I get “Can’t connect to the host” trying to send command. I tried with Retropie 2.6 same thing.

I took a nee Sd card, installed OSMC and hyperion and everything is working great.

Any ideas? Many thanks,

LJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I have been trying the same thing for the past week and I haven’t gotten anywhere.

How do you start it? With: sudo hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json ?

Bbird

dixeflatline
    Participant

I was actually going to try getting Hyperion installed/working once i get some other things squared away. If im not mistaken, RetroPie is built on Raspbian. I would try following that wiki first. First thing i would try from an SSH session is “netstat -tnl” to see what ports listening. If you dont see the default open then that would be a place to start. Change the default port in the hyperion config file. I think the default port is 19444 or 19445. You can also alter your iptables to open the port. I think the command to do so is:
    sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 19444 -j ACCEPT
    sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 19445 -j ACCEPT

Goodluck and I hope its as easy as opening the ports because in the next few days ill be giving it a go too.

Cheers,
    dfl

luvien99
    Participant

Thanks! I will try that today and get back to you.

Right now I got it working using OSMC and retropie installed on the same SD card. I don’t really need OSMC, but it’s working and I can start Retropie from OSMC GUI.

LJ

dixeflatline
    Participant

Hey luvien99,

Did you get it working? I didnt run into any real problems like you stated above. I did have to install lsb-core and that seemed to fix any of my issues. What i did was:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libqtcore4 libqtgui4 libqt4-network libusb-1.0-0 ca-certificates

Enable spi via retropie advanced settings or sudo nano /boot/config.txt and add dtparam=spi=on to the bottom of the file and reboot

wget -N https://raw.github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/master/bin/install_hyperion.sh

chmod +x install_hyperion.sh
    sudo ./install_hyperion.sh

TEST:
    hyperion-remote –priority 50 –color red –duration 5000

dont forget to put your hyperion.config.json file in /etc/ and change the file effects path to the effects folder wherever that installs for you mine was /opt/hyperion/effects which I didnt have to change so i doubt you would

I still have some tweaking to do but this is what mine is looking like right now:
    hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZOKrKjdXYk

Hope that made sense or helps,
    DFL

rougerasha
    Participant

i got it to run. with and without grabber.
    but i have to do this command “sudo apt-get –reinstall install upstart” to get it working with grabber. But this command breaks the autologin. Now i must login manually everytime i start. Does anybody know how to start emulationstation instead. i am out of ideas.

ps. i tried in the raspi-config boot to scratch and in retropie_setup the “boot in emulationstation”

many thanks

dixeflatline
    Participant

Does it look like its trying to boot then crashes to console? Do you have a debug log?

mayki
    Participant

Please help. I can not install Hyperion on Retropie. I installed according to these instructions:

https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki/installation

Test instalation :

pi@retropie ~ $ hyperion-remote --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000
    Unable to connect to host

SPI Enable with Raspi-Config and config.txt

dtparam=spi=on

pi@retropie ~ $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf
    # blacklist spi and i2c by default (many users don't need them)

#blacklist spi-bcm2708
    blacklist i2c-bcm2708
    pi@retropie ~ $ sudo hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json
    hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ports listening:

pi@retropie ~ $ netstat -tnl
    Active Internet connections (only servers)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:33641           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:43959           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

I do not know if this is a problem in the port or at the library libpython2.7.so.1.0.
    Some idea? Can you help?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.