Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    postman87
    Participant

I have a problem with my psx roms.
    When I transfer them to my retropie using an USB I see the flashing light indicating that it’s transferring. However, when I restart the Pi when it’s done it doesn’t show in the emulatorlist.
    When I give the comment cd /home/pi/Retropie/roms/psx/ and use ls -a I see that the files are there.
    It’s called Spyro2.bin.ecm

I’m using retropie 3.0 beta
    What am I doing wrong here?

noldor
    Participant

You need to convert the game in bin format because pcsx_rearmed doesn’t support ecm (a comrpessed rom) files. On windows systems you can use “gemc” converter http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemc/. On linux system you can use emc command line utility (sudo apt-get install emc ).

postman87
    Participant

Yeah I tried just to change it from
    Bin.ecm to .Bin but obviously that didn’t work.
    Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll try it when I get back home from work ;)

herbfargus

You can also use ecm tools as well.

postman87
    Participant

OK, So I got the PSX roms to run on RetroPie. Only problem is that it doesnt see a BIOS file, because I didnt download that beforehand.
    Anyway, I downloaded a BIOS called SCPH1001.BIN which should be the right BIOS file.
    I followed a tutorial ( this one: http://lifehacker.com/get-a-ps1-emulator-up-and-running-on-a-raspberry-pi-2-1689869367) but when I get to the “put BIOS file in BIOS folder” part it seems to be that I dont have a BIOS folder where he should be. Tutorial says its in /Home/pi/Retropie/BIOS/ but when I try to go there or move the BIOS file to that folder it gives me the info that such folder does not exist :S

Did they recently move the BIOS folder in 3.0? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help in advance!

postman87
    Participant

Anyone? (A) Still can’t find my BIOS folder

herbfargus

/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS

Letters are case sensitive.

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93778]OK, So I got the PSX roms to run on RetroPie. Only problem is that it doesnt see a BIOS file, because I didnt download that beforehand.
    Anyway, I downloaded a BIOS called SCPH1001.BIN which should be the right BIOS file.
    I followed a tutorial ( this one: http://lifehacker.com/get-a-ps1-emulator-up-and-running-on-a-raspberry-pi-2-1689869367) but when I get to the “put BIOS file in BIOS folder” part it seems to be that I dont have a BIOS folder where he should be. Tutorial says its in /Home/pi/Retropie/BIOS/ but when I try to go there or move the BIOS file to that folder it gives me the info that such folder does not exist :S

Did they recently move the BIOS folder in 3.0? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    [/quote]

I use retropie 3.0 on RP 1 B+ and BIOS folder is /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS.

Please keep in mind 2 things:
    1. In linux filenames are case sensitive – so ‘RestroPie’ is _not_ the same as ‘Retropie’, and ‘Home’ is not the same as ‘home’ in your path.
    2. You can easily access files using ‘FILE MANAGER’ which is in ‘RetroPie’ emulationstation menu.

Hope it helps, have a good day!

postman87
    Participant

[quote=93863]/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS

[/quote]

I know, but when I go there it says that such folder does not exist :(

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93867]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>herbfargus wrote:</div>
    /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS

I know, but when I go there it says that such folder does not exist :(
    [/quote]

What you mean ‘go there’, can you describe what exactly you are doing? What command do you run? Did you try file manager I mentioned previously?

postman87
    Participant

I run cd /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS
    When I press enter it gives me the line “such directory does not exist”
    Didn’t use file manager yet. I’m not at home now so I’ll try that later.

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93877]I run cd /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS
    When I press enter it gives me the line “such directory does not exist”
    Didn’t use file manager yet. I’m not at home now so I’ll try that later.[/quote]

I believe this is just a typo ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.