Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RETROPIE CONTROLLER(S) CONFIG

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    haris1977
    Participant

Greetings

In latest retropie 3 beta when starting emulationstation you can auto config your gamepad controls.. That is a brilliant idea but..how do i config my second or third player controller for retroarch??

Floob

You can set the first one, power down, unplug that one, then plug the next controller in and ES will set that one for RetroArch as well.

Or you can use the RetroPie-Setup script as you have done before, as that will still work.

herbfargus

You can also press start while in emulationstation and choose configure controller. If they are different controllers you’ll need to do it for each controller. If all your controllers are the same you’ll only need to do it once.

Floob

Ah – of course, thats a much better idea.

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks but..

Will i be able to use the second controller as a second player joypad with this way?

Or will this second controller setup only be applied to control emulationstation? I just want to have a MAIN CONTROLLER (player 1) to control emulation station + player 1 and another controller to ONLY CONTROL player 2/player 3 and NO EMULATION STATION..Is this possible?

herbfargus

If you run the config from emulationstation it will create a controller config for emulation station and retroarch. If you don’t want it to control emulation station then you can just run the retroarch joyconfig on its own through the setup script.

haris1977
    Participant

haris1977
    Participant

Oh ..just an other quick question..

There are specific emulators (like gba, fba, mame) where the above technique (the ability to auto config your gamepad controls by starting es) doesn’t work. I mean you have to configure it manually..Especially in fba it is difficult, because you need to edit a specific file (fba2x.cfg) and “add” your gamepad’s specific values to this file..

So ..i was wondering..can this controller setup script be updated in order (at least the fba and gba emuls) to be also auto configured???

herbfargus

It will be updated eventually to include non-retroarch emulators but it may be a bit before that happens so until then You’ll need to configure them manually. (I.e. fba, mame4all, advmame, reicast, jzintv, mupen64plus, etc.)

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks herb:) And my last question: where do i find the codes from my joypad key press?? I need them in fba2x.cfg

Floob

You can get them from something like jstest. Or just rip them out of your retroarch generated files.

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks again!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.