Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    flynnsarcade
    Participant

Hello, thanks to anyone who can assist with the issues i’ve been having. I’ve been pulling my hair out for a few weeks and there’s not much left.

I’m using the ultraslim image that uses retroarch for MAME. The reason being because as soon as I launched the SD image i was able to actually use MAME and it’s insert coin button using the select button and controls worked.

I’ve tried EmulationStation 2.0 (BEAUTIFUL!!) but i can’t seem to configure my custom arcade controls (IPAC) to set up insert coin. when i press tab in MAME and bring up the control settings it doesn’t recognize my button presses on my control panel from the USB IPAC.

So back to ultraslim–this image would work perfectly for me however the two issues that are driving me crazy = Williams roms require some sort of factory reset button which i can’t find or figure out how to map, and my IPAC 2nd player only mimics the Player 1’s input, i cant find the solution to getting 2nd player working. I’ve tried editing the retroarch.cgf file, duplicating all the player1 inputs and changing to player2, still nothing. :(

Sorry if this is long and doesn’t make much sense, i’m going crazy trying to make it work.

Thanks for any help!!

lunarkingdom
    Participant

go into game then open the controls window with tab or f1 or f2 whichever works then go down until the control you wish to change is highlighted, THEN hit enter it will now appear blank and you should be able to hit your button and have it show up, hope this helps took me a few posts to figure this out hehehe

flynnsarcade
    Participant

i’ve done that, and when it goes blank I hit the button on my controller and it eventually just says “none”… any other thoughts? I’d love to use emulation station 2.0 if that 1 coin issue could be resolved!

Thanks!

lunarkingdom
    Participant

yes I am using emulation station and it is nice, not using an ipac though. I am using custom made controllers through the GPIO. How many joysticks and buttons are you using? what version of the Pi? Are you using an arcade joystick or something else?

flynnsarcade
    Participant

I never tried the GPIO, i will try bypassing the ipac and connect directly to that.

here is where i’m confused: i can load into a MAME game with a keyboard and control panel connected via USB, it ES will let me launch the game, i can use “5” and “1” on the keyboard to insert coin and start the game, and control the game with my USB control panel. If i press “tab” on the keyboard and open the input settings, my controller will arrow up and down through the list, if i press “enter” on the “player 1 coin” and try to use the control panel… nothing.

flynnsarcade
    Participant

i’ve tried the exact same scenario with a USB SNES controller… can open game, start game with keyboard, and then control game with SNES… TAB>input (general)> wont recognize the USB device

lunarkingdom
    Participant

I still use Tab on my keyboard to open the control panel in MAME I have however put my start and select buttons on my player 1 controller to the coin 1 and player 1 functions and on player 2 joystick to the coin 2 and player 2 functions, the Tab key is still on my keyboard though but after it is all set up there is no need for it to be on my controller.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.