Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    haris1977
    Participant

Greetings.

I know i can install kodi (through experimental packages i suppose) but i want to ask:

1) Can i use hdmi cec in kodi? What are the latest news?
    2) Can i completeley shut down my system through kodi? (shutdown command in kodi’s menu)
    3) Can i boot straight into kodi?
    4) Can kodi be updated (and not loose any settings?)

What i want to do is having a strictly media center solution (+ the ability to switch kodi to retropie). I know i can do it with berryboot (but you canot update kodi) and through other images (but they dont work in rasp1).

Any ideas?

herbfargus

1 yes- but its not enabled by default- try sudo apt-get install cec-utils

2. I don’t think so

3. Yes but I haven’t tried it myself

4. Yes it will be hopefully soon to kodi 15 and probably not save your settings as there are a lot of changes but I could be wrong.

I’m hoping once the next build comes out we can integrate joypad support and cec support but it all just depends on how its compiled.

See this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/879

haris1977
    Participant

For booting straight into kodi i found this:

Kodi tab in emulationstation

#94808 Quote

Has anybody tried it?

Djinny
    Participant

I still need to find a way to control Kodi using a joystick/gamepad. apparently the support is there for it, but it’s been disabled due to openelec.
    Using a teensy 2.0 as my usb gamepad controls. trying to find a way to control everything without needing a 2nd device such as a smart phone.

Edit:
    [quote=asavah] from the kodi forums.
    AFAIK for joystick support Kodi needs to be compiled with –enable-joystick –enable-sdl.
    From what I can see from OSMC git Kodi is explicitly compiled with –disable-sdl –disable-joystick. Frown
    Edit: ask in @Milhouse’s openelec thread, openelec has sdl/joystick support, not sure if it’s enabled in @Milhouse’s builds. [/quote]

Maybe we can enable the sdl here.. has anyone tried?

haris1977
    Participant

+1

epe9686518
    Participant

[quote=104258]I still need to find a way to control Kodi using a joystick/gamepad. apparently the support is there for it, but it’s been disabled due to openelec.
    Using a teensy 2.0 as my usb gamepad controls. trying to find a way to control everything without needing a 2nd device such as a smart phone.

Edit:

from the kodi forums.
    AFAIK for joystick support Kodi needs to be compiled with –enable-joystick –enable-sdl.
    From what I can see from OSMC git Kodi is explicitly compiled with –disable-sdl –disable-joystick. Frown
    Edit: ask in @Milhouse’s openelec thread, openelec has sdl/joystick support, not sure if it’s enabled in @Milhouse’s builds.

Maybe we can enable the sdl here.. has anyone tried?

[/quote]

If you have an Xbox 360 controller I can show you how I have mine set up, it works perfectly in the emulators in ES and in Kodi, I can switch back and forth

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks epe9686518 but i am not really interested in controlling kodi with gamepad (only with cec controller).

I ve managed to boot straight into kodi, install hdmi-cec, but not shut down my system through kodi..:(

DavidBowman
    Participant

[quote=104412]
    If you have an Xbox 360 controller I can show you how I have mine set up, it works perfectly in the emulators in ES and in Kodi, I can switch back and forth
    [/quote]

I for one would be interested in your solution if you’d be so kind as to share.

Thank you!

dishins
    Participant

[quote=104432]

I ve managed to boot straight into kodi, install hdmi-cec, but not shut down my system through kodi..:(

[/quote]

The shortest way for you to do this is installing RetroPie over OSMC, the system boots straight to kodi with CEC support, with a entry on the Main Menu to E.Station. And yes you can reboot or shut down the system through Kodi.

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=104466]
    The shortest way for you to do this is installing RetroPie over OSMC, the system boots straight to kodi with CEC support, with a entry on the Main Menu to E.Station. And yes you can reboot or shut down the system through Kodi.

[/quote]

I already know that but unfortunately doesnt work for rpi 1..:(

Djinny
    Participant

sadly i don’t use a 360 controller, instead i use a teensy arduino 2.0 as my controls, it’s in a gameboy, reprogramming the teensy isn’t really an option at the moment either. so it would have to be with Kodi to enable the sdl needed for controls with gamepads/joysticks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.