Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yabeweb
    Participant

Is there any estimate on the release date for version 3? I am planning on making a mame machine but considering waiting till V3 is fully released….

Thank you.

Andrea

herbfargus

A new release candidate should be released within the week. (Has lr-mame4all fixes)

yabeweb
    Participant

Cool I wanted to start but if I have to update soon, I might as well wait a few more weeks while I get the cabinet ready.

Nice to know they are almost done with version 3 betas ;) and thaks for your reply.

Andrea

yabeweb
    Participant

Thanks again herbafungus, any news on golden master or “RTM” (he he) version? Any “major” differences between various RC?

Sorry to bother but I am very excited about this new version and can’t wait to get the final stable version ….if we can call it htat :D

Andrea

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I would say nothing major will change from rc1 to the final – so you can install the rc1 now, and later update retropie-setup and do another full binary install later.

yabeweb
    Participant

So i will be able to get from RC1 to “final” without reinstalling and simply updating?

herbfargus

Correct. You should be fine installing 3.0 rc1 now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.