Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie 3 RC1 – Video Overview

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Floob

A few points I’ve put together about the RC1 release that came out on 18th July 2015.

Anonymous
    Inactive

wicd-curses package seems to be missing – no wifi.

shoothere
    Participant

Yet again Floob you are a godsend!

Thank you for your tireless efforts making all of our lives easier!

haris1977
    Participant

The first screen where you set up your controller for retroarch emulators is brilliant. Just a quick question:

What about fba and mame controls? Can you implement the fba2x.cfg file to be auto-created on the start up controller page too?

Floob

[quote=102235]wicd-curses package seems to be missing – no wifi.

[/quote]
    Thats right, but then it should jump on a connection and auto download. I see what youre saying though.
    If you raise it as an issue here it can be investigated
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues

Floob

[quote=102265]The first screen where you set up your controller for retroarch emulators is brilliant. Just a quick question:

What about fba and mame controls? Can you implement the fba2x.cfg file to be auto-created on the start up controller page too?

[/quote]

I’m not a developer but I’m sure this could be investigated by the devs.

pausuri
    Participant

Hi, I don’t why I can’t find the save/load options in the libretto emus… and the commands select+L or R to save and load doesn’t work either

Thanks!

Edit: I just founded it, but I can’t make the quick save/load commands work

Floob

Do any of your hotkey combos work?

herbfargus

[quote=102235]wicd-curses package seems to be missing – no wifi.

[/quote]

Wicd-curses is only installed when selected (which requires an active internet connection)

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/commit/7f00499977ce4664a1f37084cdc0a0baf8c9ca96

It causes CPU scaling issues and so it was changed to being optional rather than installed by default. We’re looking into a simple cmdline GUI that doesnt cause the same issues and runs much leaner, see here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/874

And here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/825

narp
    Participant

Updated to RC 1 from beta 4 and initially it wouldnt save my controller config (kept asking me to input it every time I restarted). That finally saved, but the x-axis (l/r) of my left ps3 joystick doesnt work (since i updated). Also, select+triangle doesnt bring up the menu.

smithers
    Participant

Hi Floob.

Many thanks for the videos – they are most helpful in deciding whether to take the plunge and update!

So I wondered if you knew of a quick(er) way of upgrading the key components when a new build comes out such as this one? I am currently running v3 b2 (i think), and would like to upgrade but I have so many tweaks that I would need to migrate over that I wondered if there was a way to do it in reverse, i.e. copy over the new elements from the rc1 build into my older b2 build?

I tried to copy over my setting files from my b2 into the new image but ended up that ES couldn’t start (just gave me a flickering ES logo screen!).

Just a thought and I wondered if you may know if it’s possible? I would much rather keep my existing build and just add in the new RetroPie tweaks for controllers etc.

Cheers
    Steve

Floob

The safest way would be to get a new card and write the RC1 image to it and recreate your settings, but if you are on b2, if you update the retropie script and choose to update the binaries, that should update you.

Either way, making a backup will be safest.

smithers
    Participant

Many thanks Floob.

I will start afresh just to be in the safe side! It’s mainly the controller fixes that I’m wanting.

Cheers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.