Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie RetroPie 3 beta 3 Joypad config screwed & no spashscreen since updating

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    windale
    Participant

This is really winding me up now considering that RetroPie is supposed to be made as an easy and user friendly setup. I have an iBuffalo control pad. I watched Floob’s video about the new features? of Beta 3 and noticed the part about his D-Pad getting mucked up (he also used an iBuffalo). I set my controls then checked the RetroArch controls config and it already said “axis” for the D-Pad but the controls didn’t work. So I did the config again and now it’s made another config file but if you look in the RetroArch Configs there is a iBuffalo preset so why isn’t it using that ??

I also updated the setup script and now the splash screen gives an error. I think the filenames have changed. How do you fix this ?

Lastly, how do you delete files ?

herbfargus

Its still in beta and has a few bugs to sort out still. Quickest method to sort out conflicting configurations is to delete all configs and then create a new one with the new controller configuration tool. To delete a file in the terminal its sudo rm path/to/file so to delete all the configs that may be conflicting you’ll type:
    sudo rm /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/*.cfg

As far as the splash screen not working it was just changed

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/commit/699db49b8e6ffc9424e19d3f755b3af573d9c072

Instead of doing a full binary install I just started with a fresh SD image so I wouldn’t have to muck with my previous configs and it seemed to work out. As with any update its important to make backups in case there are any bugs that mess things up.

windale
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. If there is an iBuffalo control preset (which is my Joypad) why does it create a generic USB profile ?

So is there a way to repair the splashscreen ? All I did was fresh install RetroPie 3 beta 3 and update the setup script. It says it’s looking for something like Retropie 2015 but now I see that there are several named colours etc. What file do I have to edit to change the splashscreen ?

herbfargus

I’m not super sure about the presets. People upload the configs for their controllers into the retroarch source code and there can be some variations and conflicts so I just find it easiest to wipe those and start with the configs created for my controller. As far as the splashcreen, in the retropie menu there is a configure splash screen option and you can enable splashcreens and choose which splash screen you prefer from there.

windale
    Participant

So after all this time that was spent making the controls easier to set up, I think you should revert back to the way it was. It was much easier and bug free. Even after setting my controls, if you enter the RetroArch menu the controls don’t work and have to reset the Pi !?!?

h0rbie
    Participant

Hi, there are more people who got this issue. You can read this post klick for a workaround, which seems to work. Just remember, this is a beta, not a final version :)

windale
    Participant

Yes it’s beta but it worked perfectly fine in beta 2 before they changed the method of setting controls. It’s the old cliché, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Having centralised / automated controller set up has been something people have been asking for for ages. Unfortunately some bugs slipped through – mostly due to lack of controllers for testing. The RetroArch freezing issue is annoying too – Bugs sometimes slip through. We also not responsible for every piece of software that comes with retropie – so sometimes something is updated and bugs appear.

You are free to stay on beta 2. I am giving up my free time and working hard to try and sort this all out. You could sound a little bit more appreciative.

windale
    Participant

Sorry for the posts, I’ll leave this forum and let you get on with it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.