Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Retropie 3.5 first boot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shoothere
    Participant

Very excited for Retropie 3.5, downloaded it, made my SD and upon first boot, after the Retropie splash I get a login prompt to which I cannot log in and nothing else happens.

This was on the RPi2 image downloaded off this site.

What could be wrong?

shoothere
    Participant

UPDATE: well I reflashed the SD after formatting it and now it works.

I guess it must have had some residue from a previous install.

stonec098
    Participant

Pi Model 2 B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.5
    Built From: (SD Image,
    USB Devices connected: SNES controller & Keyboard
    Controller used:
    Error messages received:
    Guide used: (Mention if you followed a guide) Git hub, SNES PI and just about any other video online

In trying to launch RetroPie I have downloaded the 3.5 verison via this site and formated the SD card under boot and pi (multi attempts) then written the image using win32. When I plug the SD card into the pi and connect power the process starts and then goes to a blank screen and starts over all while repeating the same sequence of LEDs over and over (I have let run for 10 mins prior) Not sure if it is the software and formating process that I have messed up or if it is the pie itself. Any help or recomendations would be great. Thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Please provide details of PSU – have you tried another PSU ? Have you tried disconnecting devices?

stonec098
    Participant

Sorry for the dumb question what is PSU? And also what devices could I diconnect (controller, keyboard)? thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the power supply. how are you powering the raspberry pi – what does the power supply say “5v 1a” or “5v 2a” etc. try booting with no usb devices connected.

stonec098
    Participant

Tried boot with no USB and the psu 5v DC 2.5A. Thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you could try another SD card. Have you had this RPI working previously with this card ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.