Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie RetroPie 3.4 – PS4 DualShock 4 Controller Configuration & Setup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    io2red
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get my PS4 controllers set up since the release of 3.4 and I’m having some issues. Previously on 3.3 I was able to get all four controllers working using this method, but on 3.4 I am unable to get the 3rd and 4th controllers working. The first two work fine with the PSX emulator, but the 3rd and 4th don’t seem to work properly.

Also, right on the D-Pad doesn’t work in the RetroArch config.

I have tried manually configuring controllers before and am not misspelling things. I have reinstalled the SD image multiple times now and have been unable to get all 4 working properly.

Has anyone managed to get 3 or 4 controllers working simultaneously with the PSX or any similar emulators?

If anyone has a better way of setting up the DS4 controllers for RetroPie 3.4, please let us know. Big thank you to anyone who can help!

Pi Model: 2 B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.4
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: 1xEdimax Bluetooth Receiver, 1x Microsoft Keyboard; I also have a 7-Port Powered USB 2.0 Hub (Plugable), but it is not plugged in right now.(I have tested everything with it and it did not change anything)
    Controllers used: 4xWireless DualShock 4 (PS4 Wireless)
    Error messages received: None. Just not working for #3 & #4
    Guide used: The guide for ds4drv http://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/tutorial-retropie-with-dualshock-4-and-bluetooth/
    Attachment of config files:
    Retroarch.cfg from /opt/retropie/configs/all
    SonyComputerEntertainmentWirelessController.cfg from /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads
    How to replicate the problem: Very easy to do.
    Install the 3.4 SD card image, update, follow the guide, and restart. When loading a game, controllers 3 & 4 don’t work. (Eg: PSX games) In addition to that, the controllers don’t work at all in some emulators. (Eg: Mame)

io2red
    Participant

I just reinstalled 3.4, went through the same process, and was able to get the right on the d-pad working.

However, the third and fourth controllers still don’t seem to work when playing games in RetroArch. I can see and configure all 4 controllers with ES, but only the first and second seem to work.

Please if anyone has been able to get four DS4 controllers working simultaneously, let me know. I’ve been trying for weeks now, and have been through petty much every tutorial I can find to no avail.

io2red
    Participant

Dankcushions answered my question here:

DS4 Controller disconnecting only in Retroarch

[quote=115345]pcsx-rearmed (the playstation emulator) does not support 3/4 player controllers[/quote]

Thanks Dankcushions. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.