Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    monochromatic
    Participant

I feel like kind of an ingrate for asking, but does anyone have info about when the non-beta release might be available? Beta 2 seems very solid, but I’d like to wait for the release version before I really finalize everything.

Thanks

monochromatic
    Participant

Anybody?

… <crickets>

herbfargus

Give it a week or two or three…- the main developers (Florian and buzz) are working on ironing out a new controller configuration module that should greatly simplify things. Granted it will be another beta most likely as most releases typically will be considering it is always under development.

Your best bet is to get your pi set up as you like it, make a backup and then as new releases come out you can test the new features out and decide if its worth updating your main build, if not you can always just reimage back to your backup.

(Note that all the developers do this as a hobby/ aren’t really paid other than donations to help maintain the project, so development is largely influenced by the amount of free time they have available outside of their real jobs and by the amount that others contribute to the project so its rather difficult to put any date on any release beta or stable)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.