Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie 3.0 es_systems.cfg gone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    laundromat
    Participant

Hi all –

My fault, I didn’t backup, but I lost my es_systems.cfg file… I was fiddling with mupen64plus which got stuck and after rebooting my es_systems.cfg file was empty.

Where can I find a default es_systems.cfg file? Mind that I need the one for ReotroPie 3.0 (i.e. the one with the _SYS_ args in the launch commands).

Thanks in advance!

laundromat
    Participant

By the way… For a reason I can’t see yet, emulationstation now seems to be looking for a config file in /home/pi/.emulationstation instead of /etc/emulationstation/

That’s weird.. I always edited the one in /etc/emulationstation (which worked fine, also on v3 of retropie), and now ES doesn’t even seem to be looking there anymore.

Mutex
    Participant

Emulationstation will look for both actually. If there’s one in ~/.emulationstation it will overwrite the one in /etc/emulationstation

The /etc/ one is meant to be the default one and if you want to change something around in the es_systems.cfg copy it to ~/.emulationstation.

That way if there’s an update for the es_systems.cfg it won’t overwrite your version and you can easily compare and add the changes to your es_systems.cfg if you want to.

If you just want to get the one in /etc/ to be used, delete the one in ~/.emulationstation/

laundromat
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.