Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    supersirlink
    Participant

Does RetroPie include the RetroArch shaders, or do they need to be downloaded?

Are they setup in the retroarch.cfg?

FreezX
    Participant

I know that RetroAch has stock GLSL shaders that can be used, not sure how much help that is to you though. What are you trying to do?

FreezX
    Participant

RetroArch has shaders, and they can be either Cg, CGP (Cg preset) or XML/GLSL format if you have support enabled. To specify shader settings, go to:

/etc/retroarch.cfg

And you can edit:

Path to shader:

video_shader = "/path/to/shader.{cg,cgp,shader}"

Choose if you want to load shaders on startup:

video_shader_enable = (true/false)

Define Shader Diectory:

video_shader_dir = (Cg, CGP, XML shaders)

supersirlink
    Participant

Hi FreezX, I was wanting to test them with NES and SNES games and play with the look and feel…

I saw the references in the retroarch.cfg, but didn’t know if they were already installed, or do I have to pull them down from Git (I am assuming)…

FreezX
    Participant

They should already be installed, but if not, apt-get and sftp are your friends. If you press F4 (default) after a game, and read what’s left over on the screen, it should tell you what shader was used. If it used the one you specified with retroarch.cfg then you are all set. If not, then you probably need to download it.Double check that the filepath is correct, the file is named properly (sometimes upper case throws things off), and that the extension is the proper type. That should work then, let me know what it says.

supersirlink
    Participant

Do you mean F1 to go into the RGUI menu? I see the option to set the shaders path there, but when going into the directory is empty so, I am guessing if they are installed they are elsewhere or that they really aren’t installed…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.