Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroArch not working in certain emulators

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by meat.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nexodus2
    Participant

Good Morning everyone,

I was able to successfully set up my controllers, and NES, Genesis, and Gameboy I get the tale tell sign retroarch is working because I get the yellow text at the bottom prior to the emulator booting. However, I am not seeing this yellow text with PiSNES or SNES9X.

PiSNES – Controls are incorrect, X and Y are A and B, Start and Select do not function and shoulder buttons are correctl
    Snes9X – Controls are mapped appropriately, but do not use RetroArch configuration, so the two button press restart does not work.
    GBA – Controls are mapped but again, no ability to use the two button exit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference, I am using the new 2.4.1 image, and these controllers: http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E

Floob

Those emulators work outside of retroarch and have their own controller configs.

For example pisnes config is at
    /opt/retropie/emulators/pisnes/snes9x.cfg

meat
    Participant

Hi Guys,

This worked for me with two controllers (both logitech F710)

just adjust the buttons for your own controllers.

[Joystick]
    # Get codes from “jstest /dev/input/js0”
    # from package “joystick”
    A_1=0
    B_1=1
    X_1=2
    Y_1=3
    L_1=4
    R_1=5
    START_1=7
    SELECT_1=6
    QUIT=8
    ACCEL=
    QLOAD=10
    QSAVE=9
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR=0
    JA_UD=1

[Joystick]

A_2=0
    B_2=1
    X_2=2
    Y_2=3
    L_2=4
    R_2=5
    START_2=7
    SELECT_2=6
    QUIT=8
    ACCEL=
    QLOAD=10
    QSAVE-=9
    JA_LR=0
    JA_UD=1

Meat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.