Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i install RetroPie latest SD Card Image on Raspberry Pi2 and everything is working fine but now i want to run game from command line so i run below command on Terminal

“retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-pocketsnes/libretro.so /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes/TY.zip”

but i get error -bash: retroarch: command not found

what am i doing wrong ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

retroarch is not in the system path – you need to tell it where it is

use

/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch

faysalubit
    Participant

well thx it works …

Scott Nath
    Participant

Could you please post the command you ran to add retroarch to the system path?

thanks
    Scott

faysalubit
    Participant

sudo cp /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch /

Scott Nath
    Participant

Hey faysalubit,

That didn’t help. I’m pretty sure that’s not correct as that just copies the retroarch folder retroarch to the top directory. The error still exists:

-bash: retroarch: command not found

petrockblog
    Keymaster

just include the path when lauching. No need to add it to the system path. if you really want that – google adding paths to linux via bashrc etc

Scott Nath
    Participant

Actually, I did try to include the path when launching and I got an error. There is a thread for that here:
    http://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/starting-games-from-command-line/

As for adding paths to linux and searching on google – I’m a novice for linux. I was able find some solutions – and I’ve tried a bunch since yesterday when I posted for help, but none are working so far.

If you could possibly help with a more detailed solution it would help me and anyone else who may be searching for “retroarch not found” (how I found this thread).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.