Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m losing the bottom few rows of the screen in several retroarch emulations, but in particular in NES.

I have tried changing aspect ratio and other video settings but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions?

strawberrytau
    Participant

This is what it should look like:

strawberrytau
    Participant

Could it be a raspberry pi overscan issue?

Update: The problem is not overscan. If I reduce the overscan I can shrink the visual image to a smaller area of the screen but the missing edges are not recovered.

I tested the ROM on an emulator on my Mac and the full screen image is fine, so it is not the ROM at fault.

I think there is a mismatch between the number of pixels the emulator wants to push to the screen and the screen resolution, but trying countless different screen reses does seem to fix the issue. I’d be grateful for any help. Thanks!

strawberrytau
    Participant

I have noticed that the aspect ratio for NES games is also wrong. The system is not letter boxing correctly.

I actuvated the setting: video_aspect_ratio = 1.175 in retroarch.cfg but it does nothing. I’m stumped!

strawberrytau
    Participant

I think this is a PAL vs NTSC resolution issue.

According to

http://nesdev.com/NESTechFAQ.htm#resolution

The full resolution of a NES game should be 256×240 but many emulators only display 256×224.

This would be consistent with the missing rows I’m seeing.

Is there any way I change the output resolution of this emulator?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.