Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hbeggs
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m a VERY inexperienced Linux user, and have been fighting an uphill battle with getting anything to work on my retropie. I have been able to successfully(somewhat) add ROMs into the NES and SNES folders, but have been unable to figure out save states. I have gone into the retroarch.cfg file and removed the “#” from what I thought would enable these settings, but I still cannot get it to work.

Is there a script I can run or something that will automatically edit the file to make for working saves, etc.? I appreciate any and all advice.

Roo
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand. My RetroPie v2.4.2 install works out of the box for NES, SNES and GBA (haven’t tested the others, I assume they work too).

Are we referring to the same thing? I believe you are talking about in-game saves. If I load Legend of Zelda, it has my saved game from last time I played, same as the original hardware would have done. These are stored as *.srm files, I believe in the same folder as the ROM by default.

Or are you referring to RetroArch F2/F4 saves? If so, this might be of help:

How to save games in RetroPie / RetroArch

Floob

These should help:

hbeggs
    Participant

Thanks for the help, I think my problem I was having was with the hotkey, by default it was set to escape which would more than often just exit the emulation. Not sure how handy that was, but I think everything is functioning now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.