Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    killj0y
    Participant

Ok guys I’m familiar with RetroPie and had a complete working setup for 1.9 and decided it was time to upgrade. Well I got everything up and running including my Xbox controllers.

The only thing missing is there doesn’t seem to be any joyconfig that i can find. I didn’t mind since i still had my files from 1.9 so I just imported the settings from that. The issue is no matter what I do the controller will not respond within the emulators. Its recognized and works in ES just not in emulators. I am working with the only retroarch.cfg file i can find in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg so what am I missing.

As a bonus can anyone tell me how to change the way emulators exit because when they do they take a bit longer than in 1.9 and going from 720p in game to 1080 in ES throws the screen off and causes it to cut off around the edge.

Any help at all would be immensely appreciated as I’ve looked around and am at a loss as to what to do next.

killj0y
    Participant

I just saw that someone else had a similar issue but because they had quotes around their button config. Any idea if that makes a diff? Mine defaulted to that in 1.9 maybe I could try removing the quotation marks?

killj0y
    Participant

Also, F1 or tab does nothing in game. so no way to bring up any menus.

also, this directory /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/ is missing altogether.

I used an image of retropie conveted to squashfs for berryboot so I assumed it would all be there but it seems something is a miss. I would hate to have to get a different image to work with and start over. Or does one of you guys have a good berryboot image for 2.3 with all this stuff there?

killj0y
    Participant

Anybody?

killj0y
    Participant

[quote=66225]Also, F1 or tab does nothing in game. so no way to bring up any menus.

also, this directory /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/ is missing altogether.

I used an image of retropie conveted to squashfs for berryboot so I assumed it would all be there but it seems something is a miss. I would hate to have to get a different image to work with and start over. Or does one of you guys have a good berryboot image for 2.3 with all this stuff there?
    [/quote]

Ok it seems they edited out the F1 menu, so still looking but it seems i’ll have to retry with a different sd image. I’m just replying to myself in case anyone else has this problem down the road. I am going to try running the retropie_setup.sh script and have it install the xboxdrv drivers and stuff and see if that makes a dif. Also i’m gonna try removing the quotations around the key assignments, then i’ll try just copy pasting my old working retroarch.cfg file and see if that works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.