Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie RetroArch autoconfig files ignored by advmame and mame4all

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    elwisa
    Participant

Hi, I have a fresh new install of retropie (raspbian on my raspberry pi 2). I have successfully configured my controller (a playstation 2 controller connected via a USB adapter) following the steps to create the autoconfig files: I can use my controller with emulation station and some emulators (for instance, snes). However, in the case of advmame and mame4all, the emulator seems to ignore the retroarch configuration:
    – mame4all does not respond to the controller at all
    – advmame seems to detect the controller, but ignoring retroarc configuration (for instance, hotkey is not working).

I’ve checked the files under /opt/retropie/configuration/all – mame-advance – mame4all and they seem to be ok.

Are mame4all and advmame ready to use retroarch configuration files?

The mame4all retroarch.cfg file looks like this (same thing for advmame)

# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/mame-mame4all/

#include "/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg"

The relevant lines in all/retroarch.cfg file look like this:

input_autodetect_enable = true
    joypad_autoconfig_dir = /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/

Thanks in advance

dankcushions
    Participant

Are you using the right mame4all emulator? imame4all-lr is the retroarch/libretro version, and will use your config, but mame4all-pi is not, and will use its own config file (mame.cfg, I believe)

i don’t use advmame but it doesn’t seem like it’s retroarch/libretro, so again will have its own config files.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.