Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Retro theme interest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Some time ago I worked with zerojay a bit on the zerogameproject for the PS3. Unfortunately Sony killed the fun, but my primary involvement with that effort was to produce a branded theme. Completely inspired by the retroGUI theme for Mala by nexus6 I drew the entire theme for the zerogameproject. Just recently I decided to pickup a pi and start building a new emulator project. Naturally I came across RetroPie and emulationStation. I think this is both a fantastic setup and community. I am considering modifying and adopting the theme I created for ES. I still have all of my original SVGs covering most consoles and portables. Just trying to gauge any interest beyond my own project.

Floob

Im always interested in a new theme.
    The default one is very smart and clean, but choice is great.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Yes, choose is great! If you feel that you have something ready to share, I can make sure to include it as a module in the RetroPie-Setup Script (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup) and, thus, in the RetroPie image :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is something that should be branded for RetroPie or eS, or should it just be generic? At the very least I will be removing the ZG brand from the upper right corner of the backgrounds.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Since we do not have an official logo yet, I would say that a generic theme would be better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Theming emulationStation is not so terrible. I did modify the basic layout to better suit eS and created a detailed view that fits reasonably well. Before I use this as a template to do the other systems, any objections to fonts or colors used? Still not quite sure how I will handle the system selector.

robertybob
    Participant

I like it the way it is, vibrant colours make a nice contrast to the Simple theme. It’s about time a new Theme was completed by a forum member here and added into RetroPie/EmulationStation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.