Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Will retro pi run both .ROM and .ISO files?

killer101
    Participant

What emulator are you talking about?

Never really came across .rom, and for .iso files the only possible emulator could be psx. If so you should stick with the .bin format. Don’t know if psx rearmed also plays .iso files?!

newbee12345
    Participant

Hmm..odd. I know that for sega saturn formats, it should take a .ISO file. Other emulators like Yabusa will run .ISO, but I’m wondering what formats are blatantly supported or not supported.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

yep, quite a few systems use ISO files. PSX, Sega CD, etc.

You can find out what file extensions an emulator supports by opening
    /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

Hint: you can also add/edit this file to have more options; although naturally you must choose formats the emulator supports.

newbee12345
    Participant

Ah. Okay, that definitely works! Just getting my ducks in a row before the Pi comes in the mail.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

No worries. Here – I’ll attach ES_Systems for you so you can take a look. So far I’ve found the default version pretty satisfactory. The only thing I’ve changed with mine is:
    -the order the systems display
    -removed .cue and .CUE extensions from PSX and Sega CD as I have always have a .bin, .iso, .img etc along with the .cue files, so there’s no need for Emulationstation to show both as games!

Note that .cue files are important, be sure to include them in your ROM folders.

One last thing: please use the option at the top of the thread to mark this thread as “resolved” so people know not to help further :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.