Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it possible to completely replace boot loader text with the splash?

I’ve had a bit of a look around and all I found was what’s already implemented or something that looked a bit confusing to me. I’m new to Linux and heavy use of the terminal. Either way The one that is implemented only kicks in sometime after loading has started. Also on some occasions it goes away and more loading text occurs before the ES splash appears; but no always and not for the same length of time.

Also my splash screen has a low colour range. which kind of sucks. but does anyone know what that pallet is so i can optimise for it?

I’m working on a theme which I will upload when ready (soon) but as a teaser I’ve attached the splash screen as it stands right now. The theme is dark and simple. I would make it even more simple if I could get more access to EM files. Not found em yet.

herbfargus

You can hide the boot text but you can’t replace it as there will always be something that needs to initialise before a splash screen will show up.

ekdor
    Participant

Ahh, OK trying it now. Get let ya know how it goes shortly.

ekdor
    Participant

Well that is much better. Great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.