Viewing 17 posts - 36 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

the keyserver command is wrong you need — for keyserver and recv , so two 2 and not only –
    wrong:
    sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-key 5243CDED

right:
    sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-key 5243CDED

naurandir

Naurandir

And now i see the problem ^^
    the post destroys the two – characters

let me show it to you like this:
    sudo apt-key adv ##keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com ##recv-key 5243CDED

instead of ## use this char: –

lunarkingdom
    Participant

ahhh nice, tip for those trying to do this do yourself a favor and use all lowercase for “apps” in all of your entries, I could not get mine working because my folder was named “apps” but the cfg file was calling for “Apps”

rromo12

I wanted a setup like superkoal’s so I decided to write up a tutorial on how to dualboot Raspbmc/Retropie and I thought people looking at this thread would be interested.

This is my first time writing a tutorial and I’m a little bit of a linux noob so there are probably better ways of doing things so don’t judge but provide feedback:

http://rromo12.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/raspberry-pi-raspbmcretropie-dualboot/

jerezer1985
    Participant

Deleted

jerezer1985
    Participant

how do store the line command below to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mene.list and save it
    deb http://archive.mene.za.net/raspbian wheezy contrib I dont under stand how to do this

shywolf28
    Participant

jerezer1985, i have attached that file for you, to make it easier though use a program called winscp, that helped me out alot during my setting of openelec and retropie

jerezer1985
    Participant

thank you I finalyy got it all working

shywolf28
    Participant

No Problem

zoziox
    Participant

So I have managed (thanks to you all) to get xbmc running from ES, and using this tutorial managed to get my wireless xbox pad working in xbmc.

Starting xboxdrv in the way described in the tutorial (at startup) causes the controller to behave as a keyboard, so it no longer works in ES (unless I remap it as a keyboard when prompted)
    I’ve added a line to /roms/xbmc.sh that starts the “start.sh” and removed it from rc.local so that it only starts when xbmc is started, which works fine, however I need a way of reversing the process when I quit xbmc back into ES.

I looked at editing the xbmc initscript (to include a killproc?) but couldn’t really get my head around it. I assume the solution is quite simple as I imagine this sort of thing needs to be done quite frequently but I have searched to no avail.

Any advice?

eldraven
    Participant

Hey!

I wanted to try this out and followed the tutorial in the posts above.

But when I try to run it I get the message “-bash: xbmc: command not found”
    It was a LONG time ago I tried Linux and I dont know my way around to good.

How can I get it to work?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had this issue eldraven. What’s changed is the command to launch. It’s now called kodi, so the command is:

sudo kodi

Talk about a simple solution. I was banging my head against the wall for hours! :)

eldraven
    Participant

wow, so simple! I was about to give up on this.

Thank you so much :) Im pretty closed to get the RetroPie set up all the way I want, just waiting for mupen64 to work properly!

maikeximu
    Participant

I just did it with Openelec and Raspbian (Retropie) installed on a 32Gb SD Card. I followed this tutorial : https://rromo12.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/raspberry-pi-raspbmcretropie-dualboot/

If you want to use it with Openelec you have to delete all the “sudo” commands in Retropie.sh because Openelec has already root permissions:

#!/bin/sh
    sudo sed -i 's/7/5/g' /media/RECOVERY/autoboot.txt
    sudo reboot

to

#!/bin/sh
    sed -i 's/7/5/g' /media/RECOVERY/autoboot.txt
    reboot

As stated in the comment if you do a clean install with Noobs, you will have to change the mounted partitions on reboot (or you can get stuck) as they changed boot order in the latest version:

1. “Retropie.sh: changed ‘s/5/7/g’ to ‘s/7/5/g’
    2. Raspbmc.sh: changed ‘s/7/5/g’ to ‘s/5/7/g’

It’s absolutely amazing as it will reboot to the correct partition (and which is also great because you will then be “stuck” to the same OS when you normally reboot (good for my girfriend).

sirwiggum
    Participant

Hi all,

This looks like something I was planning on doing on my pi2.

Initially I was trying to dual boot Openelec and Raspbian.

From what I read, should’ve been a case of dropping openelec in.

I grabbed the latest noobs, however the only option was Raspbian. So I’m trying to download (slow connection) an older version of noobs and overwrite with the new Raspbian and Openelec.

I also want retropie running. However, if I install on top of Raspbian, will I lose my Raspbian environment/desktop?

Thanks

maikeximu
    Participant

Once you installed Raspbian, just can just run the command to either autoboot EmulationStation (inside Retropie_Setup Setup section) or just keep default and boot to command line (and then start x or emulationstaion). The guy in the link i mentioned before made a third script to boot directly into Raspbian.

Startx.sh

#!/bin/sh
    startx 

You can also control these OS switches with SSH apps (Android/IOS).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello friends.

Can you help me out please? I want to install Raspbian + OpenElec Kodi + Retropie on a 32GB Micro SD Card. On a Raspberry Pi 2. (Something like this guy did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKahG0w81DQ )

But I’m a total noob! I don’t know where to start and I didn’t use the command terminal yet.

How can I get it to work? Please help. =(

Viewing 17 posts - 36 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.