Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    elgur85
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve had my Pi3 for about a week ago, and it freezes a lot.
    As soon as I just let it be online, without playing, it freezes.

Can’t ssh it or using connected keyboards or controllers.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you SSH in and see what temp it’s running at?

I had the same issue with mine but then realised I was using my old config.txt from my Pi 2 which had temp_limit=75

The Pi 3 runs much hotter and after a couple of hours use mine sits around 85 degrees

elgur85
    Participant

Nope, I can’t access it through SSH. I’ve seen it around 55-60, so no high temperature.
    Using a newly downloaded Retropie image for the RPi3, so the config.txt is not for my RPi2.

gamesfan
    Participant

Do you have any heatsinks or fans? I use them with my RPI2 as it would freeze in some long gaming sessions. Once I put on the heatsinks and fans the issues went away.

Also the RPI3 requires a beefier powersupply at 2.5amps , maybe your PS isnt giving it enough current and that is causing the lockups.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

I can almost guarantee it’s your power supply. As Gamesfan says, you need 2.5amps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s not the power supply. I have the same problem and my power supply is 3.5amp with heatsinks and fan.

elgur85
    Participant

It shouldn’t be the powersupply since I use the official powersupply…

pohlinger31
    Participant

Mine has been freezing as well – seems to be in certain games, especially a few PS1 games. Not sure what the issue is… I also had it freeze in the retropie setup menu, which was very odd.

elgur85
    Participant

I don’t know if the issue is in Retropie (the image) or the Pi itself.
    I have other strang issues, like drops in SSH connections, and problems to reboot the Pi, it sais that it’s going to reboot, but nothing happens.

pi-guy
    Participant

I’m having the same issue with ssh, but I’m using wifi and I read somewhere that the built-in wifi driver is having some issues on some OS flavors…maybe this one too. Are you using wifi and if so are you using the onboard wifi or a usb stick?

robboman
    Participant

I’ve been running my RP 3 for days on end, no freezes here.

pi-guy
    Participant

Have your tried the built-in wifi? If so, within 10min I can almost guarantee you’ll lose a ping or more especially if your CPU is busy. Though I did find that having too many devices plugged into the usb port exacerbates the issue, especially if you use a 10′ long usb extension cable like I do. Probably a power thing, my guess is if under med-high CPU load and a few peripherals (w/o external power) are plugged in it starts shutting down power to the wifi before anything else.

I’m working on finding or acquiring a powered usb hub (which I know is kind-of the golden rule with Pi’s) to see if that helps things along.

nonorius
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/regular-freezes-with-raspberry-23/

Sorry to trust several topics with this but I try to find a way to fix this.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.