Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Video Output on RetroPie Raspberry 2, piTFT 3.5 to work with RetroPie 3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wilsonb
    Participant

I am also having a problem getting Raspberry 2, piTFT 3.5 to work with RetroPie 3(latest image)

I have not done an update and still can not get it running. I am using the RetroPir image and ran followed instructions many times (ran easy install)

Has anyone with the above config get the LCD to work?

BTW: after hours of trying to get PiTFT 3.5″ LCD to work with RetroPie 3(latest version) – no go

I think I read that there are issues getting PiTFT to work with RetroPie 3 – it changes Kernel and Bootloader
    IS THIS A TRUE STATEMENT?

I went back to using older version of RetroPie

petrockblog
    Keymaster

is what a true statement ? not sure what you are saying changes kernel and bootloader. retropie is based on raspbian and uses the raspbian firmware/kernel.

You have not detailed what doesn’t work – you don’t get any display output or it breaks at some point or ? I need details to help.

wilsonb
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Understand

“:BTW: after hours of trying to get PiTFT 3.5″ LCD to work with RetroPie 3(latest version) – no go”

Meaning, the screen stays white. I have followed many directions to the T..

https://learn.adafruit.com/running-opengl-based-games-and-emulators-on-adafruit-pitft-displays/overview

But this tells me it’s broke and not to bother with RetroPie 3(latest)
    ” IMPORTANT: recent updates to the Pi kernel & bootloader are incompatible with this guide — the hardware/software combination presented here DOES NOT WORK at the moment. We are working on a fix and will remove this message once things are getting along again. “

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can always rollback the firmware/kernel with rpi-update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.