Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m desperately seeking some help here:

What is the command to shutdown emulationstation? I know it gets shutdown from the menu, and I know the raspberry’s shut down command is “sudo poweroff” (or something similar), but whats the command that runs when you use the menu and press “Shutdown Emulationstation”?

The reason I’m asking is because the “Play Count” only saves when you shutdown emulationstation. If you shut down the raspberry from within emulationstation is doesnt save the play counts.

What I’m trying to do is add an extra line to my mausberry circuits shut down command so that it will shutdown emulationstation first (saving the play count) then shutdown the raspberry.

If anyone knows what the command is, or where I can possibly find it (I’ve searched and cant seem to find where the code for the emulationstation menu is saved), it would be wildly helpful because I’m at a loss

brunchero
    Participant

You would send a signal to the running process to terminate it, like killall emulationstation.

It will probably end, but I do not know, whether ES processes the SIGTERM and saves its data before quitting. Actually that “sending TERM signal to all processes” is done automatically, when the system shuts down. So it is no improvement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.