Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Questions about 3.5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gamesfan
    Participant

Team and fellow RetroPie users in the know,
    I have two questions.

1. Screen blanking from time to time, it is noted that the 3.5 image fixes this. I was on 3.4 and updated to 3.5 using the binary install method. However I still get an occasional blank screen. Do I need to start with a 3.5 Image? Also I run my setup from USB.. As my USB is updated to 3.5, could I just flash the base 3.5 image to my SD card and modify the boot config to load off the USB and have the issue resolved?

2. Arcade Roms folder. There is not any info I saw in the Wiki on this do we place subfolders in here for MAME and FBA etc… many of the rom names are the same but require diffrent versions. Just wanted to get more info on this.

herbfargus

See this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/1228

Doesn’t matter if you put them in folders. You can just have them all there. You just have to specify which emulator each game uses from the runcommand menu.

gamesfan
    Participant

Herbfargus,
    Thank you so much for the prompt reply! I will look into both of these.

Thank you for taking the time from your personal life to help me out. As a fellow forum moderator I truly understand what a labor of love this is.

Much appreciated.

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.