Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickademusss
    Participant

I am super new to Linux retropie, my back ground is I am an old school gamer from the Apple 2e to DOS and up from there, including most of the early console systems.

When I read about the retropie system I new I had to get one and give it a shot. I have had loads of fun with it already, thanks you to all that are involved with it and it’s development!

I have figured out how to install Retropie V3.0 beta, got my USB controllers to work, even several of my favorite DOS games.
    My issue and I am sure you guys have seen it before is that I want to go wireless with my controllers. So I have a compatable USB to Bluetooth dongle, and a NES30 bluetooth controler. Now I can get the thing to work and be seen by holding down start+b but it sees it as a keyboard, this interferes with the hotkeys during any of the emulators.
    So I disabled the hotkeys in retropie setup, this allows me to play all the game, but I can’t exit the games with out reboot…..
    Is it possible to change the default hotkeys around what I have to map this controller?
    Is it possible to add a command somewhere for an exit combo?
    Bear with me now, it’s been 22 years since I tried to learn any programming!
    Also thanks in advance for any help!

Floob

Yes, you can change hotkeys. This gives an overview

nickademusss
    Participant

Many thanks for the reply, that was very helpful, I do have the controller working now in the games, but I still can’t get it to work the menus, is there another place the menus need to be mapped for this to work?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.